Help your daughter find her voice!A simple, affordable, and fun way for her to:
- Grow her natural talents
- Show her that she can work toward improving any skill
- Build her confidence
- Encourage her creativity
- Provide a life-long outlet (and a natural, drug-free high)
You want to do what’s best for your child, both for enjoyment and education.Connect your daughter with a teacher who has the musical training and professional experience you want but who also lives to instill joy and confidence in every student? Someone who:
- has helped girls feel better about their singing and themselves since 2007.
- becomes a friend and mentor to every student.
- has decades of experience performing in bands as a singer and keyboardist.
- holds a Master of Music.
- will encourage your daughter to be who she is and not compare herself to others.
- is also trained to teach keyboard skills, songwriting, sight-reading, and ear training, in case your daughter’s interests turn in those direction.
If you’re busy carting your kids around between school, extracurricular activities, and family obligations, no worries!That’s the beauty of online lessons! You can be downstairs getting dinner ready while your daughter is pursuing something she’s passionate about a few feet away.
How do I help instill confidence in my daughter?
- By learning her opinions.
- By asking her to critique herself and make suggestions.
- By allowing her to choose what (mom-approved) songs she’ll sing.
- By encouraging live Zoom performances and/or small recording projects.
- By reveling in each small win she experiences along the way.
Student Projects:Learning online doesn’t mean losing out on performance or project opportunities. My students often:
- Do Zoom performances for friends and family
- Prepare video or audio recordings as fun gifts
- Team up with other online students for combined projects.
Lesson Price:(New students Register Here) 30 minutes of direct coaching is a great length for young students who want to improve their skills while singing songs they love. 30-min x 1 $35 30-min x 5 $156 (must be used within 7 weeks) 30-min x 12 $349 (must be used within 15 weeks)
Absolutely! To young people, life online is completely normal and commonplace. They are way more comfortable than most of us older folks with the Zoom experience. Meanwhile, I can hear, see, and address what they are doing just the way I can when we’re standing in the same room. Yet, you don’t have to fit drive- and wait-time into your busy schedule!
For a young student, singing lessons have two main components. First is planting the seeds of good technique, without squashing her passion or making her think too much. The second is creating experiences that gently nudge her beyond her comfort zone, like recording herself performing or creating a Zoom performance for friends and family members.
There are those who exhibit naturally advanced skills at a young age, but most of us mere mortals have to develop our abilities over time. There is just no telling where time spent on a passion can lead a person. Meanwhile, there are countless other benefits to singing lessons that have nothing to do with being a professional singer, including confidence-building and developing a positive, life-long creative outlet.
Once a week is the most common frequency. Some students opt for two lessons every week, which greatly speeds up progress. Anything less than once a week invariably leads to momentum problems and inhibits success.
You child is a natural learner, as long as I don’t get in her way. My role is to guide her progress, acknowledge her wins, and help her see the value in what she can accomplish.
My degrees are in music composition. When I was in my thirties, and I discovered that the athlete mentality was the key to success as a singer, I completed a certification course in modern vocal technique (2007) and added vocal coaching to my list of teaching services. I was already a gigging singer and keyboardist at that point, and have been most of my adult life.